- The Challenge
- The Challenge in brief »
- To register »
- The prizes »
- Spokespersons »
- Support kit »
- Partners »
- The winners »
- Media »
- Highlights »
- FAQ »
- Rules »
From March 1 to April 11, make a commitment not to smoke for 6 weeks and qualify to win one of many prizes!
Participate in the Challenge in your own way: alone, with the help of a non-smoking sponsor or by teaming up with another smoker who also wants to quit.
- I Quit
- Getting information »
- Getting ready »
- Help and support »
- D-Day and after »
- A matter of weight »
- Get moving to butt out »
- Managing stress »
- Expert answers »
The decision to quit smoking isn't made overnight. For more information, to obtain support and to help prepare yourself, you may refer to this section
- I HelpI help
Most former smokers say the same thing: it's easier to quit smoking when you feel you've got support. That being the case, what better way to KO the smoking habit than as part of a team? Whether you're a non-smoker or a smoker who'd like to butt out for good, you can help someone in your circle free him- or herself from cigarettes.
- Tools and ResourcesTools and resources
Download the following tools to support you in your decision to quit smoking.
- Participant's FileParticipant's file
A practical and customized tool to help you succeed in the Challenge! (You must be registered to use the Participant's file)
Join us to be part of a network of motivating and motivated followers. Whether for consulting messages or for contributing, don't miss paying a visit. You'll see: motivation grows with use!
- Work EnvironmentWork environment
Living smoke-free is one of the best decisions a person can make for his or her health, and among the people in your circle there must certainly be smokers who want to quit.
Support them by promoting the Quit to Win! Challenge in your organization.
Highlights of the 2014 Challenge
- Nearly 19,000 participants took up the 2014 Challenge.
- Since 2000, more than 380,000 smokers have taken up the Challenge.
- The vast majority (80%) of participants registered alone, whereas 13% registered with another smoker who also wants to quit, and 7% registered with a non-smoking sponsor.
- The quitchallenge.ca website received more than 80,000 visits between December 20 and April 11.
- The Facebook page as now 13,000 fans.
- On average, nearly 2 participants out of 3 succeed in not smoking for the six weeks of the Challenge.
- After 15 years, the Quit to Win! Challenge is still popular and relevant in a province that is home to over 1,500,000 smokers (Quebec), of which almost 60% would like to stop smoking.
- The Challenge is one of the smoking cessation campaigns that reaches the greatest number of adult smokers in Quebec.